Manchester United boss Michael Carrick has declined to dismiss the possibility of late transfer activity, suggesting the club could still make moves before Monday’s deadline.
Earlier in the window, former United head coach Ruben Amorim had indicated that reinforcements were expected. However, frustration followed after the club opted not to repurpose the £65 million earmarked for long-term target Antoine Semenyo, who ultimately completed a move from Bournemouth to Manchester City.
United have continued to be linked with several midfield options, including former Wolves captain Rúben Neves, who is currently playing for Saudi Pro League side Al-Hilal.
Injury Adds Urgency to Transfer Speculation
The need for potential additions has intensified following confirmation that versatile left-sided player Patrick Dorgu will be unavailable for “a number of weeks” due to injury. His absence has fuelled speculation that United could look to secure short-term cover before the window closes.
Speaking ahead of Sunday’s Premier League clash against Fulham, Carrick remained non-committal but acknowledged that the situation could still change.
“Never say never,” Carrick said. “A lot can happen, and situations can come up.
“Sometimes it’s in our control, sometimes it’s not. I’m pretty calm about it. We’ve shown what we can do as a team.”
Zirkzee and Fernandes Futures in Focus
United forward Joshua Zirkzee is also the subject of transfer interest, with Juventus reportedly considering a move for the former Bologna striker.
Zirkzee joined United for £36.5 million 18 months ago, and speculation about a possible return to Italy has continued. However, the Dutch striker has now fully recovered from a minor injury and is available for selection against Fulham.
“Josh has been focused on getting himself fit,” Carrick said. “It was great to see him back training with the group, and I’m really looking forward to working with him.”
Carrick also acknowledged that discussions around Bruno Fernandes’ long-term future remain ongoing, with the United captain expected to reassess his plans at the end of the season.
He described the issue as “on the agenda a little bit” but stressed that it would be addressed “further down the line.”
Carrick Urges Caution Against In-Form Fulham
Carrick’s early tenure has sparked a dramatic turnaround in fortunes, with United climbing into the Premier League top four for the first time this season following eye-catching victories over title challengers Arsenal and Manchester City.
Despite the resurgence, concerns remain over consistency, particularly against teams lower down the table. Since late November, United have failed to record league wins at Old Trafford against Everton, West Ham, Bournemouth, and Wolves, with three of those sides currently in the bottom eight.
Fulham, under the guidance of Marco Silva, held United to a 1–1 draw at Craven Cottage in August and head into the fixture in strong form.
Fulham Closing the Gap
The west London club have taken 17 points from their last eight matches, suffering just one defeat during that period. A win this weekend would see Fulham move to within one point of United in the table.
Carrick made it clear that complacency will not be tolerated.
“Marco has built a really strong Fulham side,” he said.
“Just because we’re at home, taking anything for granted would be completely wrong.”
© 2025 Gossip News Now, a division of CHIEJOS HARBIAN DIGITAL MEDIA LTD. Contact us via admin@gossipnewsnow.online










